Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Fifth Child Cover

The cover I chose was the second cover down. I've always enjoyed covers for books because you might not notice it at first but there might be something that is being hidden in the picture. In this photo there are many hidden images. The way the shadow is being portrayed, it makes it look like the eyes and mouth of an evil face. Also, the figure in the front looks like it is Ben crouching down with his fingers on the floor. Ben is made to look like he is a monster because of his enormous size. This picture seems to me that Ben is dominating this room and he seems to be taking over. This is just like how Ben is whenever he is around the family and basically throughout the whole story. He is also alone in this cover, just like he is exiled from the other children. Unfortunately I do not have my book with me so I could not include a quote but I know my wondeful teacher Mrs. White is the best and might let me slide :)!

2 comments:

  1. No, no sliding allowed!! Nice job with your discussion, but get some text in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Maxwell Silverhammer. i would just like to say that i like your selection of book cover and i agree with your description to back it up. Even though i chose a different cover i like this one too. i think that you should be allowed to slide for not having text in there but hey who am i to judge.. this is a day or four late haha.

    ReplyDelete