Saturday, October 10, 2009

Frankenstein Reaction

Frankenstein was not the story that I thought of it to be. It is scary, surprising, and emotional. I thought this story would be a boring horror novel but it was not that at all. Frankenstein made me feel upset for an 8 foot tall hideous creation. The struggles that this creature goes through is truly upset and Mary Shelley does a great job at making the reader feel the pain for this creature. I also like how Victor's emotions and well-being is so strongly influenced by the creature's emotions and actions. Since he has put so much time into creating this creature, he feels that the creature needs to be doing well and not causing trouble in order for him to be happy.
"I am alone and miserable; man will not associate with me; but one as deformed and horrible as myself would not deny herself to me," (Shelley 133). I like this quote from the creature because it really shows how mature he has become since he was created. All he wants is a companion to spend his life with and someone who won't judge him for his looks. Frankenstein is much more then one of the first horror novels to become famous. It tells a great story of acceptance and has really made me very happy to have read it.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way before we read the novel. I didn't think I would enjoy Frankenstein as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete